European Young Innovator of 2015 Award
Application are now closed.
Rules of the Competition
- Who can participate?
- When and How to Apply?
- Questions to be answered in your video
- Application Procedure
- Selection Procedure
- Evaluation Criteria
For the 6 best pitches
These 6 teams will be in the running for the European Young Innovator of the Year 2015, which will allow them to:
- Present their ideas to Europe’s political and business leaders;
- Showcase their ideas to all the Unconvention audience who number more than 400 hand-picked physical participants and in excess of 550,000 unique online participants across Europe and the USA;
- Receive in depth feedback and advice from Europe’s leading seed and venture capital investors and experts;
- Paid accommodation in Brussels for the duration of the Unconvention for up to two co-founders / team members and covering travel expenses;
- Two FREE VIP Unconvention passes;
- FREE promotion on EYIF website, social media and email newsletters for up to three months after the InnoPitch
- Get invited on the next EYIF’s InnoTour US, a tour across the US innovation centers in August 2015, the exact date to be determined. The participants will be offered accommodation and domestic flights during the entire tour. The participant is responsible for their travel into the US
For the top 12 finalists
The InnoPitch Competition for the European Young Innovator of 2015 will run from the 7th April to the 31st of May 2015. To apply submit a video of maximum three minutes explaining how your project answers to as many questions listed below as possible, together with the pitch presentation you would like to present in front of the jury.
Make sure your Power Point Presentation does not exceed the 10 minutes where you convince the jury of your idea (normally no more than 10 content slides). During the pitch, your microphone will be cut off after 10 minutes. Your presentation will be followed by a 5 minutes session of questions and answers.
The 12 finalists and 6 winners will be announced in the week of 1st of June. Pitch rendezvous is the EYIF Unconvention on the 1st of July 2015. If your pitch is selected as one of the 6 Best pitches competing for the award, you will be allowed to update the pitch presentation submitted as part of this stage of the InnoPitch, before you actually pitch it live to the jury.
- What is your business idea going to improve or what is the problem that it is offering a solution to?
- What makes your business proposition unique and what is the key asset you hold (know-how, expertise, etc.), which could hardly be copied by your competitors?
- Are you looking for funding? If yes, how much and how would you use it?
- Does your business respond to global needs? Can you export it/ scale-up to international markets?
- How would your future business answer to some of the most critical difficulties that Europe is facing at the moment (ex: job creation, help reach environmental targets, etc.)?
- Register for the competition now by completing the Application Form.
- Upload links to your video and Power Point presentation.
- You may submit your application multiple times until the final deadline of 31st of May 2015 at 23.30 CET. The last submission before this deadline will be taken as the final submission. There is no entry fee.
- The winners will be notified by e-mail from 1st of June to 5th June 2015
- Travel Costs to and from Brussels will be reimbursed to the Finalists up to the amount of 300 EUR (upon receiving the receipts). Double/ twin bedroom in a local hotel (for the night of 1st and 2nd July) will be provided for the 6 Teams.
- All applications from registered applicants will be screened for compliance with eligibility requirements listed above.
- Eligibility check by EYIF to verify compliance with the rules and to disqualify entries that are judged to be frivolous or deceitful, or which contain profanity, obscenity, incitement to violence or hatred, or other form of impropriety.
- Eligible applications will be evaluated by a review committee formed by EYIF staff and board members who will establish a shortlist of top candidates.
- Creative, well-structured and convincing video message (10 points)
- Creative, well-structured and convincing power-point presentation (10 points)
Number of questions convincingly answered (up to 10 points per question – 50 max)
- Proof of good knowledge of how the market specific to his/her business functions (10 points)
- Clear concept of impact: how his/her future product/service will benefit society/Europe (10 points)
Based on the results of points 2 and 3 above, the review committee will designate the finalists, and alternates. The selection by EYIF of the eligible candidates, winners and of the actual participants of the InnoPitch Competition for the European Young Innovator of the Year 2015 will be final and not subject to appeal.
Still have some questions? E-mail us!
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria in order to be eligible for the competition:
- Residence: The competition is open to citizens and permanent residents of member states of the European Union, Full-Time students resident in the European Union member states and those who have completed their studies within the last two years and are still resident in the European Union.
- Age: under 35 years old on the date of 31st of May 2015
- Language: fluent or near-fluent English (spoken and written)