Day 1 - BNP Paribas Fortis | Grand Auditorium
12:30 - 14:00 Registration | Lunch
14:00 - 14:15 Opening Reception
14:15 - 15:00 Keynote Address
- The 4th industrial revolution by one of the leading thinkers & authors in the domain
15:00 - 15:45 Smart Cities: Today and Tomorrow
- Leading technology and solution providers will be showcasing their products and services addressing the needs of the Smart and Safe City.
- What sectors have been developing smart city technology? What are the opportunities for startups?
- How the Smart City is being created, piece by piece, to address the real challenges of life in the city?
15:45 - 16:45 Coffee Break | Virtual Reality Showcase
16:45 - 17:30 Artificial Intelligence: will the robots take your job?
- AI advances in industrial robotics may threaten jobs and uncover a range of legal, regulatory and ethical issues.
- What happens when our computers get smarter than we are?
- Artificial intelligence: dream or nightmare?
- Are we engineering our own obsolescence?
17:30 - 18:00 Keynote Address
- The state of our World and new trends, giving the recent advances in technology and dynamics of society in particular, the opportunities and risks brought about by the confluence of rapidly advancing technology and uncontrolled globalization.
18:00 - 19:00 Plenary Session: How can EU startups survive and thrive in the 4th Industrial Revolution?
- 5 years of Unconvention: how did the EU change in 5 years?
- How can startups survive in the 4th Industrial Revolution?
- Which are the new trends that entrepreneurs need to follow?
19:00 - 20:00 Networking Cocktail
Day 2 - BNP Paribas Fortis | Grand Auditorium
09:00 - 10:00 Registration - European Parliament
10:00 - 12:00 Policy Session: Growing Global in a Post Brexit World
- What are the main changes in term of innovation policies that EU faced in the last 5 years?
- How Brexit is impacting the UK & EU startups?
- Future recommendations and suggestions.
12:00 - 14:00 Lunch Break | Move to BNP
14:00 - 14:45 Living in an Autonomous Machines World
- The leading autonomous vehicle, drone, robot makers will discuss how autonomous machines can be valuable for society. Do the machines that understand the world and respond positively become imminent?
- The session will also feature policy makers who will discuss what kind of smart regulations, taxes, require for the brave new World.
14:45 - 15:15 Coffee Break
15:15 - 16:15 InnoPitch Competition: Pitching Session
16:15 - 17:05 Plenary Women Innovators
17:05 - 17:15 InnoPitch Award Ceremony
Day 3 - BNP Paribas Fortis | Grand Auditorium
09:00 - 11:00 Venture Forum: EU Startups pitch in front of EU and US investors (Invite-Only)
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee Break
11:15 - 13:00 Venture Forum
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 - 16:00 Venture Forum
16:00 - 16:15 Coffee Break
16:15 - 18:15 Venture Forum
MORNING - Parallel Sessions
09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 11:00 Workshop 1: Data Protection | Workshop 2: SME Instrument
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 - 12:30 Workshop 3: Design Thinking | Workshop 4: SME Instrument
Speakers Unconvention 2017
Jyrki KatainenVice-President - Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness Andrus AnsipVice-President of the European Commission Mark CoeckelberghPresident of the Society for Philosophy and Technology Marianna VikkulaCEO of SLUSH Jeremy RifkinPresident and Founder- Jeremy Rifkin Enterprises and the Foundation On Economic Trends Eva PaunovaMEP - EPP Group Peggy Anne SalzContent Marketing Strategist of Mobile Groove Susana SargentoCo-Founder of VeniamWorks
Past Speakers 2012 – 2015
Günther OettingerEuropean Commissioner Carlos Eduardo EspinalSeedcamp Cesare BarbieriDepartment of Astronomy in Padova’s University Markku MarkkulaEuropean Committee of the Regions Ben RooneyInformilo European Technology & Innovation Fanuel DeweverGrowth Architects Martin SchulzPresident of the European Parliament Sheila MarceloFounder & CEO, care.com Johann StanEuropean Patent Office José Manuel BarrosoEuropean Commission Neelie KroesVP of the European Commission Jan MuehlfeitChairman, Microsoft Europe Harry van DorenmalenChairman, IBM Europe Alec RossAdvisor to the US Secretary of State Pablo ZalbaMember of the European Parliament Luc de BrabandereSenior Advisor, Boston Consulting Group Lisa SchreierGerman Startups Association Anthony GardnerU.S. Ambassador to the European Union François-Xavier FanardWCTI Partners Eliza KruczkowskaStartup Poland Nuria De Lama SanchezBig Data Value Association (BDVA)
Absolutely amazed by what @EYIF put together today for #Unconv2015. What a day!
AFT Leuven (Twitter)
Congratulations @EYIF for an awesome #Unconv2015 and for the #YIW initiative. Great to be partners!
Cluj Hub (Twitter)
#Unconv2015 the convention is so intense and productive that you could rename it to #mindblowing 2015 :-)
#Unconv2015 guys, this is a life changing event. I’m very excited to be here. Congrats, my friends!
Hugo Sousa (Twitter)
I’m happy to see such a platform on a European level coming together, thank for your contributions to the European startup ecosystem. As an entrepreneur I know how important it is to be provided with support and visibility!
Jan Reichelt, Mendeley
Thanks @EYIF, #unconv2015 audience and fellow panelists for a great discussion on sales #leadership
Dean Russsel, Lewis PR (Twitter)
It doesn’t get any better than this!
Carlos Espinal, Seedcamp
Our warmest thanks for having provided us such a wonderful opportunity to meet you, your collaborators and finally so many young innovators from all over Europe.
Cesare Barbieri, Padova University
It’s great to see all this entrepreneurial spirit from all over Europe coming to Brussels.
Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of European Commission
“I know that the U.S. Mission to the European Union has worked with the European Young Innovators’ Forum for a number of years, and I am proud that we are a partner of this important event.”
US Ambassador to the EU Anthony Gardner
“Innovation matters. And from the first I’ve been inspired by this community. That is why I have made this a priority of my mandate. Partly because I get so much energy and inspiration from this community.”
Exclusive Brussels Media Partner 2017
Selected Partners 2012 – 2015